Diamonds, the other way around!
The impossible has been done!
Dutch Diamond Technologies is the first company in the world to have developed the unique processing technology to make a perfectly round diamond ball. Diamond offers an extraordinary combination of optical, thermal, chemical and mechanical properties that make it a material that has a high potential in many mechanical and advanced optical applications. Besides our processing technique, we are also able to mount the spheres onto a shaft or holder made of different materials.
Converting our spheres into lenses or hemi-spheres is possible as well.
- Exceptional wear-resistance
- Very low coefficient of friction due to nanometer-scale roughness
- Chemically inert
- High load resistant
- One of the best heat conductors available
- Electrically insulating
- Operating temperature up to 600 °C
- No built-up of material due to scanning
- G10 Roundness (max deviation from perfect roundness is 250 nm)
Size doesn’t matter
The size range of full monocrystalline diamond spheres is 0,3 – 3,0 mm at the moment. Upon request, every size in between is possible with an accuracy of 5 microns.
Standard on stock:
- 0,3 mm
- 0,6 mm
- 0,8 mm
- 1,0 mm
- 2,0 mm
- 3,0 mm
Note: All types of spheres can also be supplied as half spheres.
Follow us on social media to stay updated about newly available diameters.